What is The ONE Thing you can do today such that by doing it everything else would be easier or unnecessary?
That is the ONE thing: focus on one single thing at the time, the most important one.
The ONE Thing is a book written by both Gary Keller and Jay Papasan, and published in 2013 by Bard Press.
I liked "The ONE Thing", it's all about focusing, obviously, on one single thing at the time, the most important one. pic.twitter.com/CfTXvJnbHh— Mario Carrión #LFGM 🍎 (@mariocarrion) April 16, 2017
The ONE Thing, I believe, in one way or another complements the content described in The Compound Effect. A lot of great takeaways:
- Doing the most important thing is what matters.
- Success is built over time, by always doing the most important things, same idea in The Compound Effect.
- Personal life is the much more important than work.
- Time spent on a task eventually beats talent, again, same idea in The Compound Effect
Just started reading this one, here is a nice quote from "The Compound Effect" pic.twitter.com/PyK4uetDH9— Mario Carrión #LFGM 🍎 (@mariocarrion) March 8, 2016
- Do not be afraid of saying No
- Time blocking in the morning, at least 4 hours to work on the most important thing at the time, uninterrupted.
Although I did not plan to read Ego is the enemy before The ONE Thing or The Compound Effect, I find interesting similar topics are covered, in one way or another, by all them, kind of like Great minds think alike.